Tuesday, June 6, 2017

The beginning: Fitness/Calorie Tracker

Hello, guys and gals. Today I want to talk about my first steps in this fitness and lifestyle change.  I wanted to get back to my "fighting" weight. I'll been active and played sports all the way through college, after college.... Things slowed down. Way down. I was eating the same or maybe a little more but with about 3/4 less active minutes in my day.  A friend of mine started scanning foods SKUs and stuff when we were in the store and I thought she was crazy. I literally said, "WTF are you doing??". She was tracking her food and getting the nutritional facts so she could compare items and make the healthier option for herself. That day I downloaded MyFitnessPal.  

I'm sure you've heard of it before, it is not exactly a secret.  It just plain works. It gives you an amazing amount of nutritional information about the foods you are going to be putting into your body. It helps when tracking your macros and helps make smart choices in regards to calories etc. This tool alone can change your body. Being shredded and losing weight starts in the kitchen. It starts with being conscious about what you are consuming.  The app itself is incredibly easy to use. I have a couple example screenshots from Amazon
Click right on the screenshot to head over and get the app for yourself. Like I said, it is free and works amazing. I have linked to a FitBit  (I used my iWatch) just to show you the types of trackers that work with MyFitnessPal as well.  The exercise and calories burned track right over to the app. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are “Fat Burners” a gimmick? Let’s talk about this. Just like they say "abs are made in the kitchen", so is...