Friday, June 30, 2017

BMR

Knowledge is Power.



I've said this before and I will continue to repeat it. No matter what you are setting out to accomplish or complete, it will go more smoothly if you've done a little research.  Fitness/working out and/or weight loss is no different.  

Before beginning my fitness journey, I did a lot of research.  If I was going to do this, getting stronger, healthier and lose weight I wanted to know I was doing it correctly and as efficient as possible.  When it comes to weight loss understanding your BMR or Basal Metabolic Rate.  This is the number of calories required to keep your body functioning at rest.  AKA your body's metabolism. 

You can calculate your own BMR with the equations below:
For Women: BMR = 655 + (4.35 x weight in pounds) + (4.7 x height in inches) - (4.7 x age in years)
For Men: BMR = 66 + (6.23 x weight in pounds) + (12.7 x height in inches) - (6.8 x age in years) 

OR

Any number of websites that have a calculator that will calculate it for you.  I used the Bodybuilding.com calculator. (BMR Calc)
They have a number of great, easy to use fitness calculators!

Next post we will talk about using your BMR knowledge translates into weight loss!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are “Fat Burners” a gimmick? Let’s talk about this. Just like they say "abs are made in the kitchen", so is...